What is your favorite holiday set this year?
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
My favorite time of the holiday season?! THE SALES. I love hearing about my favorite brands and the great deals they are having for Cyber Monday and Black Friday.
Here are the two separate sales:
This is definitely a great time to purchase something from Sigma. Free shipping? That's amazing! And 20% specific items is also great!
Do you plan on purchasing anything?
Saturday, November 23, 2013
If I told you that I was on the hunt for these products, then that would be an understatement. I have been looking all over my drugstores for these two products. I've seen swatches online and pictures of the display for months. But only this past week they started to appear in drug stores in my area.
The first item which is basically what I was looking for are the new matte Maybelline Color Tattoos. I love the color tattoos and when I saw that they were making matte ones, I knew I wanted to try it. This on is in Matte Brown, which you guess it is matte brown. The other two colors are a matte pink and another more yellow/skin tone color. I am on the look for those two too, but everyone I see the displays they are totally empty.
I am absolutely in love with this color! It's the perfect base for any matte or shimmery brown shadow I may be applying on top. Or, if I'm just creating a natural look and I would put some of this in my crease. I really have nothing but positive things to say about this because the Maybelline tattoos are always a fantastic product and never fail.
This next product is a newer blush to the Maybelline line. I have been loving plum colored blushes this fall and I thought this would be a beautiful color. First, I have to say it's very pigmented and smooth when swatching it. But as I'm sure you can see from the sheen that it's very shimmery. I'm not sure if this is just the top layer but for some people the glitter might be too much. For me, it wasn't terribly glittery. I used it on my cheeks and there was shimmer, but I thought it just added a nice sheen to my cheeks and dueled as a highlighter.
Overall, for many people the glitter might be took much. But I am very impressed with how beautiful the color is and how smooth it is and the way it applies to my cheeks.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Whenever I go out at night, whether to a party, movie, event ect. I like to do my makeup extra nice. Above is makeup that beautiful and love lasting, perfect for a night out!
1. Face BasesI start out with moisturizing my face with the Clinique Moisturizer and then I primer my face with Loreal Magic Lumi Primer because it will brighten my complexion and help my makeup stay on. You can even mix this into your foundation for a more glowy look.
2. Face MakeupThen I start with my face makeup and apply my Maybelline Super Stay Makeup because it's mattefying and will last all night. Then I use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer to conceal my under eyes and any blemishes. To set everything I use the e.l.f High Definition powder but it sets everything and great for taking pictures.
3. Blush and BronzerI use my Too Faced Chocolate Solei Bronzer (it really smells like chocolate!) and slightly contour and dust it all over my face. Then I apply the Stila Convertible Color in Lillium, it's natural and it's a cream blush so it's long lasting and natural.
4. Eye MakeupTo start with my eyes I prime them with the Urban Decay Primer Potion, and for eyeshadow I love using my custom Inglot Palette to create a sparkly neutral toned eye look. I line upper lash line with the Maybelline Precise Master Studio Eye Liner and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Perversion on my waterline.
5. Lashes and BrowsI normally don't do much to my brows so I just set it with a Maybelline clear brow gel. Then I curl my lashes and I love using my Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara for my lashes.
6. LipsFor my lips I use a different product every time, depending what I'm in the mood for. Here I have Revlon Color Stay Lip Stick in 025 Socialite which is a pretty nude pink. Revlon Lip Butter in 035 Candy Apple which is a perfect red lip without the hassle. Rimmel Lipstick in 125 Coral Shimmer which is exactly as it sounds, a coral shimmer color. Revlon Lip Butter in 045 Cotton Candy which is a dark pink. And Buxon Lipstick Pencil in Nantucket which is a peachy nude.
7. Set and Go!Last, I set my makeup with the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray and I'm ready to go!
What makeup do you use for your nights out?
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
The theme this month is Glam it Up and the items in my bag this month definitely portray that! The eyeshadow, bronzer, nail polish and eyeliner are very shiny and the best way to brighten up any look. And the mascara and lip crayon are the perfect way to finish off the look!
Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Shameless- (Full Size $14) The may be my least favorite product in the bag only because I'm not big on lip products. But the color is beautiful and creamy when swatched on my hand. It's also not to crazy of a color for me so it's definitely something I might wear every once in a while.
BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Eyeshadow Sample in Sun- (Sample $2) I am so happy I got this! I love BH cosmetics eyeshadows and this is a great sample size. It's a full size eyeshadow and the packaging is really cute with a magnetic flap. The color is also so beautiful and something I would wear! In the packaging it looks gold with some red and yellow, almost like a sun. But swatched on my hand it's just a beautiful gold.
Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Amethyst- (Full Size $14) This eyeliner is so shiny which I love! Almost like metallic. It's so pretty to wear in the inner corner and although it's purple, I'm sure I'll find some times to wear this.
Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched- (Sample $5) This color is beautiful! But I'm not sure I would use it as a bronzer, it seems more like a blush to me.
Nailtini Nail Polish in Champagne- (Full Size $13) I love rose gold nail polishes and out of all my months at Ipsy I never received a Nailtini polish before so I'm so excited to try this!
Em Cosmetics Lash Gallery Mascara in Black- (Full Size $20!!!) This was the bonus item this month and probably my favorite to try. This is a full size of Em Cosmetics mascara. The makeup line only launched a few months ago and this is a great way to try a product from her line! Also, being subscribed to Ipsy means coupon codes on these items so I have 30% coupon with free shipping which I already used to make an order.